Sunday, May 17, 2015

The Fouth Day


I have been sick.  I'm sure it is bronchitis, having walked this path many times.  Next will come asthma.  The aches and pains are pretty much gone, leaving weakness in their stead.  Grossly juicy coughing.  And a head and chest full of ick. 

I've been in the house, mostly in bed for four days.  No church today.  Tomorrow I have to go to the dentist.  On Thursday (I think) one of my molars broke in half....I'm going to have it extracted...no money for a crown.  Thankfully the fracture was painless.  The dentist is squeezing me in...double booking...so I cannot exchange the appointment for another day.  I just hope I don't choke on phlegm with my head tipped back and his hands in my mouth.

This is the first time in about 3 years that I have been sick. (with the exception of a nefarious stomach virus).  I'd forgotten those aches that wrack your body the first, second and maybe third day of illness.  The first two day I did not have congestion....just was tight as a drum.  But now it is all loosening up. My O2 SAT is down to 92.  That is not a good number.  But it could be worse...let's hope we don't get to explore lower numbers.

I do NOT want to go to the hospital for IV steroids!! I've lost 22 lbs and want to KEEP it off.
"Lord, have mercy on me...."

I'm tired of laying in bed....I just got up and washed the dishes....and then was VERY glad to lay in bed some more.  I wonder how I will survive the 1.5 hours in the car on the way to the dentist and then the appointment and then the trip back.  Also I need to make a stop or two...My ear buds are not functioning....and those are a necessity.  Also need almond milk and bananas.  Two more necessities.

Sorry, no words of profundity ...no deep thoughts today.  The only thing deep is my cough.




No comments: