Sunday, March 1, 2015

Another Letter about my Book

I have a friend in Australia and she just finished reading my book.  She sent me the following email which greatly encouraged me:

"I just finished reading your book. You have such a determined mind and spirit to get through so much, an inspiration. It is an honour to read your story. Your strength of character, mind and spirit are amazing to have “come out the other side” so to speak. Thank you for sharing your story."

Just a word to all of you who have read my book: Reviews on Amazon are critical to a books success--or failure.  If you have read my book please go to Amazon-- here is the link:
Amazon page for Treasures From Darkness 
--and write a review....Just scroll down on this page and click on "Write a review"...It is very simple.  I would greatly appreciate your taking the time to do that.

Ii am reading another book about mental illness and the church's response.  I have to say that it is nicely organized....my book hops around a little more.  I have to remind myself that this other author is not writing with a schizophrenic brain and it is probably a lot easier for her to be organized than it is for me.  I am hoping someday to work on a second edition and hopefully will catch all those issues - including typos etc - and re-release it as a "new and improved" version. I have also gotten some more material from speaking to my father about some events that I have no memory of whatsoever.  I would like to include things like this that are emerging now.

But don't wait around for the second edition.....it may be a long time in coming.
Thank you too all of you who have purchased my book.  I hope it blesses you and instructs you. 

No comments: