Thursday, January 15, 2015

Tidbits


I'm sorry for the long gap between posts.  There honestly hasn't been much to talk about.  On Tuesday my dad took me to see a movie which I highly recommend. "Unbroken"--I'd read the book by Laura Hillenbrand and been fascinated by this man Louis Zamperini..  Angelina Jolie directed the movie and worked closely with Zamperini who was in his nineties. Sadly Louis died before the debut of the movie....however he lived long enough to have a hand in its making.  The movie is not for children or for the really squeamish as it involves some violence in the scenes where Louis was in a Japanese POW camp in WWII.

Both the movie and the book were fascinating.  The movie stops short of the book, so FOX News has make a short movie to capture the rest of the story.  That can be found here: http://www.dennyburk.com/heres-the-video-of-the-unbroken-documentary-aired-on-fox-news-last-week/
And there is also a good interview with Mr Zamperini here::
http://www.harvest.org/media/louis-zamperini-interviews.html

It was SO nice to get out of the house for a reason other than an MD appointment!   After the movie my dad and I had dinner at a local burger joint (I had a veggie burger over salad). All in all it was a wonderful evening.

My mom was just diagnosed with pulmonary fibrosis.  Hopefully they will be able to reduce the inflammation from it via steroids.  Please keep her in your prayers.  She has spent the last five years battling one illness after another.

My dad and I have gotten reservations to an event with Luis Palau and Francis Chan and the band Passion.  I'm looking forward to it...however it starts a half hour past my "bed time" and I have no idea how long it will last. I really want to go however am not sure how I will manage the pain and fatigue.  We will just have to deal with it as it comes.  Worst case we leave early..

I have been spending a lot of time daily in reading/prayer/and memorization. God has been blessing me greatly as a result. Giving me insight and heightening my intimacy with him.  I have to find a way to take those insights and convert them into reading material.  I would recommend to you a website that offers a variety of Bible reading plans and devotionals....all delivered daily to your email inbox...all you have to do is click and read.  ( www.biblegateway.com ) And if you want to sign up for an account...you can highlight and add your own notes....although I've been copying and pasting into Word documents and then putting them into a 3 ring binder and adding my comments there.

So that is what is going on here.  I will need to pull together and write some posts that give you more food for thought than these tiny morsels.  And I would greatly encourage you...Get into God's Word...even if  you just write out a verse and look at it throughout your day...maybe memorizing it...and definitely  meditating on it.  I can promise you, you will benefit by that.  There is infinite benefit to be obtained by "hiding" God's Word in your heart.


No comments: