Sunday, January 18, 2015

Now that I'm done Puking....

I just am getting over a bad stomach virus.  I will spare you all the disgusting details.  Suffice it to say that I'm glad it's over. Now my daughter has vomited at 2:00 AM---and today was supposed to be her first day back to work in over two weeks because she had the flu and two other subsequent infections....I feel awful.  I'm praying that the vomiting was from her  new antibiotic and not from this bug I had.  On the bright side: I lost 5 lbs in three days.

I have really been having a good time with the Lord during my devotional and study times in his Word.  I've been reading portions of Scripture in  accordance with the "Common Book of Prayer."--As I mentioned to you, BibleGateway.com will send you reminders to do your reading of the day and you just click on the link in the email and it will take you to your particular spot in your program of choice.  Whether you want to read the Bible in a year (as I did last year) or you just want to read the New Testament in a year....they have many options to choose from.  I've also been memorizing a verse a week on the topic of fearing God.

However in the past days, when I've been half dead with this virus, I let all of that slide.  I couldn't even type my own name let alone study and memorize.  My goal for today (other than a badly needed shower) is to pick up where I left off in my times of Penuel (Penuel means in Hebrew, "The Face of God." For many years that is what I have called  my Quiet Time, because it is there that  God has revealed his face to me).  I did consider going to church but I think just taking the shower will exhaust me today, plus it looks like my daughter may need some support here.

Now that I've decided to go back to Penuel I'm excited.  Does your Quiet Time excite you?  Do you even  HAVE a Quiet Time?  I challenge you this New Year to begin one.  Where ever you are in your relationship with God--you will find great benefit in reading his Word.  If  you don't have a relationship with God, don't be surprised if you try to read  it....and it makes no sense to you.  The Bible was Spirit inspired and is "spiritually discerned"-- in other words: you need God 's Spirit to inhabit you in order for him to open your spiritual eyes so that then, you can read and comprehend.  If you would like for that to happen and you don't know how to go about it...look at the "Contact" page of this blog and get in touch with me....I would be thrilled to talk to you.

Well, go in peace readers.  Stay tuned for a review of my book by Bill MacPhee - the editor of SZ Magazine and a popular video blogger..  As soon as his next blog posts, I will inform you and give  you the URL so you can read it for yourself.

No comments: